Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I Tripled My Sperm Count

Eww... right? No? Good! I won't get into the details of how this all came about. Let's just say that I've had reason to have some tests run over the past few months. At first, things weren't looking so good. After doing some reading, I figured I would try to change some things to try to boost my count. Doing or not doing the following things may have resulted in my count of mobile sperm going from about 40 million per ml to 120 million.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. I am not suggesting that you do anything you see in this post. I am only posting my results because I feel that they are somewhat extraordinary. Basically, I'm not responsible for your actions.

Here are some things I stopped doing:
  • I stopped taking baby aspirins
  • I stopped using Rogaine (stop laughing)
  • I stopped sitting on my ass so much (especially at work)
  • I stopped drinking all liquors (still drank beer occasionally... 3 or 4 a week).
  • I did not drink any liquor or beer beginning 7 days before the test.
Here are some of the things I started doing:
  • Drinking a Vitamin Water everyday.
  • Having a cup of black coffee in the morning (Newman's Own organic is my favorite).
  • Taking a multivitamin after lunch.
  • Drinking a Diet Coke Plus instead of just regular Diet Coke.
  • Sleeping on my side with a pillow under one leg (not stuffed in between) so that my boys could breathe.
In all honesty, these are some pretty common things that you'll read about... take your vitamins, avoid heat, etc. The best of luck to all of you guys who might be in the same boat that I was in! Here's a great book to get you started in your studies: Taking Charge of Your Fertility

No comments: